Saturday, November 1, 2008

Whatever happens to all those old trees....

Who knew a visit to a local sawmill could be so entertaining!!


My mom (and baby) and I were heading to a local coffee shop when we saw a sign for a "wood fair" at a local wood recycling mill. So of course we had to stop!!

They had beautiful wooden art pieces on display, and craftsmen building furniture. We walked around the property and checked out all the trees they had sectioned. It was really cool. Made me want to build something! I'm sure I could use a new coffee table, or a couple of benches!! If only my house were bigger! Here are some spare bandsaw blades!!


And here we are standing in front of a bunch of trees all sliced down the center!!

I ended up coming home with 5 cross sections of a small cottonwood tree for stepping stones in my front garden. These were cut fresh to order.

I'll have to partially bury them eventually so they're flush with the ground, but I think they'll be perfect for the spot!
I'm so glad we stopped!! Next I just need a little bench for the end of my path.

No comments: