Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trick or Treat

Natalie's new favorite pastime is trick-or-treating! We spent the morning at the zoo for Boo at the zoo. Very fun.... we usually avoid the zoo on weekends, and Halloween, on a weekend, on a beautiful day after so many cold ones should have been a definite no-no, but we took the plunge. It was a great time. So many kids and adults in costumes. They were just as much fun to see as all the animals.

Here's Natalie as Little Red Riding Hood. She kept her cape on the whole time.

The lions were being so obliging, and taking their nap right next to the window, instead of in the middle of their enclosure like usual. This is the closest we've ever seen them.

Here's Little Red, with the Big Bad Wolf, and me. I was supposed to be Grandma, but didn't get my act together in time - I only got the ribbon sewed onto the hood, and Big Bad's mittens sewed up right before the trip to the zoo. For more on the costumes, check out my other blog.

I think the Wolf was way more excited to pose with Darth Vader than Little Red was.
I think the costumes were a hit... everyone knew exactly who they were. We were pointed out to many kids by parents and vice versa. Only a couple kids were actually afraid of Big Bad... we were trying for Muppet, not scary, and I think that's what we achieved.
Later that day, after dinner, we stopped by Grandma's house for some trick or treating. Natalie had her goody basket in hand.
We loaded that basket up three times! Little Red and Big Bad went around my mom's neighborhood for about 30 minutes. There were tons of kids out around there. Here they are coming back.
So this morning, the candy is hidden! I'd like to see a few fruits and vegetables go into that kid before any more chocolate does! We're considering taking the costumes out for one last spin of the season today. The Munchkin Masquerade on Pearl Street was rescheduled for this afternoon since it was so cold and snowy last Thursday when it was supposed to happen....

1 comment:

Nupur said...

I give you Miss Talented Award for creating your own Halloween costumes and being so creative :-)