Sunday, January 3, 2010

Quirkey Little Toddler

It's time to catch you up on great pictures before I empty my camera again. December was a fun and busy month. And I must admit to you all that very often Natalie makes me want to pull my hair out. But looking back at all these pictures, I remember how fun and crazy she can be.

Most of her newest tricks involve talking. People always told me that once she started we'd never get her to shut up, and it seems to be true. She can count up to 13, but usually only does it when she's playing and not really paying attention. She also got to Q by herself on the alphabet today (just chattering away to herself in the backseat), but I couldn't get her to reproduce it without prompting, (she would just say "A B C D Next time won't you sing with me"). She plays tea party and cooks, and takes care of her dolls, all with a non-stop stream of chatter. And her new favorite joke is to ask me if I made things. She points to an afghan or or picture, or anything now, and says "Made This?" Occasionally I can say "yes", but more and more I have to say I got it at the store. She thinks this is so funny.

So anyway, what you all came for - the pictures. Here is the Boulder Court House on Pearl Street last month.
We were stopped in front of it to watch a band from CU playing Christmas songs.
Natalie eating with chopsticks that same night.
Not too shabby.
But it didn't last too long and she resorted to her hands.
The Erie Fire Department drove through the neighborhood one night shouting on a bullhorn that "Santa Clause was Coming - Come Out Come Out!" So we did. They were driving through with two big fire engines, and Santa was walking with some firemen and women talking to all the kids. It was pretty cool.
Natalie liked this box almost as much as I enjoyed what was in it.
Playgroup secret Santa. We (moms) had fun snapping this shot.
Just looking cute.
Checking out the new watch she got at playgroup. When you ask her what time it is she always says "eight".
Natalie munched a bite of corn chip and then told us "horsie". And boy was she right! Before that she found a turtle, but it wasn't quite as good, and we didn't get a picture of it. Now she always checks her chips for horsies.
Being silly with Chewy.
Christmas Eve with Aanya at Benihana.
Riding on her cool new Retro Rocket!
And sitting back to sip a smoothie at Starbucks!
So that's that. Natalie is working both herself and me very hard every day. By bedtime she's ready to drop, (as am I!) Hopefully this new year will bring more fun adventures and fewer time outs. But I'm not counting on that last part.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Enjoyed reading and seeing pics of your Christmas. Looked like Santa found Natalie's house. Happy Happy New Year!

Lesley said...

I can't wait to read about more of your adventures in 2010--yep, I'm saying Twenty-Ten.