Wednesday, September 15, 2010

planes and peaches

It's been a while since I posted, I know. We have been having a lot of fun hanging out at my mom's house, (though she might say differently!) and are pretty settled here until our house is built. Our house sold with only the to-be-expected hitches, and we have been enjoying watching the progress on our new house as it is built, (for another post). Summer has officially ended here: the outdoor pools are closed, and the kids are back in school. All of Natalie's fall activities have begun. I've packed her mornings, possibly overcompensating for the neglect I'm afraid she's going to endure when the baby comes in a month or two. But we're having fun doing swim, and dance and gymnastics (also for another post!) for the time being!

We had one very full morning a few weeks ago during one of those last hurrah kind of Summer days. The weather was well into the 90's, but there were so many events planned for the day around town that we couldn't choose just one and we definitely couldn't stay inside. My DH took Natalie to the first annual Erie Air Fair at our local airpark. There were a few planes flying overhead giving free rides to kids, (older than Nat). But mostly it was a ground show of interesting planes. Since I wasn't there, I can't explain any of the planes in the pictures, and have just chosen some good ones of the kiddo!
She loves to tell me about this day still, and how she got to touch and even go inside a plane!
Little hand heading straight for the red button!
Just cute - poor little thing turns beet red when she's hot.

I think here she was about done with the show.
So that's when they met me at the Lafayette Peach Festival.
This once small festival has grown over the years (you can see in this picture how far it stretches into the distance!) It's a bit too big, and I don't think we'll be going again for a while. There was just too much to look at that it was overwhelming. We did get our peaches, but we skipped the cobbler or pie because the lines were just too long.
The peaches were terrific, and we definitely had our share while they were in season.
And we went home and made our own peach cobbler, so it all worked out okay!

No comments: