Monday, August 16, 2010

Boulder County Fair

Kids and animals go hand in hand, so we had to make it to at least one day of the Boulder County Fair! We didn't catch any of the rodeo style events, and we didn't go in the evening for the rides, but we saw every farm animal at the fair grounds. We started with the poultry room, (that's just what I'm calling it.) Chickens, roosters, ducks, geese, turkeys, oh my, where to start!?

And that led us to the goat and sheep. So many cute baby dairy goats to pet. And we got to watch one mama being milked.
We moved on to the dairy barn where we saw cows, and got a glass of milk, (pasteurized.)
And then the highlight of the day - the pony ride!! Now when we drive by horses in fields Natalie says "I rided a horsie, mama!" (We're working on her past tense conjugations.)
The petting zoo was also a hit. I didn't know chickens would be so soft!
And then Natalie got to make her own stick horse, which she is still very proud of.
She had to show it to Sparky.
Her only disappointment from the day was that I didn't let her get ice cream since we were on our way home for lunch. She won't let me forget that one.

No comments: