Friday, September 12, 2008

Playing the tourist

It's always fun to see your hometown through the eyes of a visitor! My mom's cousin Eileen came to visit from Long Island and we did all the touristy things to do around Boulder; we went shopping at Pearl St., drove up Flagstaff Mountain, toured Celestial Seasonings, and ate at all our favorite restaurants!


We also took a little trip down to Colorado Springs for two nights. It was very nice to get away from housework for a few days, and I think T appreciated sleeping through the night a couple nights in a row! We stayed in Manitou Springs with a view from our motel room door of the Garden of the Gods! Pretty snazzy, huh!?




I've been to the top of Pike's Peak before, but this was the first time I'd ever taken the cog railway! What a cool trip! N did okay most of the 3 hour trip, but she needed to drink going up and down a few times because of the huge elevation and pressure changes!



While in Manitou Springs, we visited the Garden of the Gods a couple times to walk around and tour the visitor's center. The 15 minute movie they show is really very good... I felt much better informed after the 5 minutes of it that N let me watch.

All in all it was a really nice road trip. The last night we were there we visited a great Mediteranian restaurant that featured a belly dancer! The food and service were amazing... we all got two welcome kisses on the cheek from the owner, and N got lots of attention from the staff as well. She really enjoyed the belly dancer, and watched her avidly as she moved around the room. I might have to get myself a sparkly/jingly outfit to entertain her with on rough evenings!!


Check out the rest of the pics from this trip on my Picasa site.

No comments: