Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Baby Couture: Ralph Lauren Dress

Welcome to the first edition of Baby Couture.  I'm planning on using this label to document some of Sweetpea's extensive and adorable wardrobe.  

Did you now Ralph Lauren had a line for babies?  Well now you do.  

I bought this little dress about three years ago.  Before I was pregnant.  It's the only time I'd ever done something like that.  The little thing hung in my closet, with my much bigger dresses, until I had a little girl with a closet of her own.  

It was because of this little dress that I was positive I'd never have a girl - after all, it seemed like Murphy's Law that I would buy something so impulsively, and without reason, and then never get to use it.  It would just mock me for years in my closet.  

But I had a little girl after all, and she finally fits in this beautiful little dress!   It's a very exciting thing for me!  Really!  

As for the rest of the outfit, well, the long sleeved, collared onesie is from last fall's Gymboree Fox Trot line.  And the ruffly leggings are one of our favorite winter layering items from Naartjie

And don't ask me what's so fascinating with whatever might be in the bottom of Daddy's boot... 

No comments: