Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dogs are so funny!!

On Tuesday night we had a very fun, filling Italian potluck dinner at my dad's house.  My grandparents were there, and of course, my dad's two dogs, Simon and Rudy.  Here's a little video of Sweetpea being entertained as my Nan throws a toy, (I think it's a de-stuffed squirrel if you're curious) for the dogs.  As long as Simon gets it first, this game could go on forever.  


And by the way, the food was wonderful!!  I made the appetizer.  Bruschetta, and stuffed lettuce rolls in broth, (from Biba Caggiano's Trattoria Cooking, a really great Italian cookbook!) .  Here's a couple shots of the process and finished rolls, (though no shot of them in broth - you'll have to use your imagination!)  It was pretty fun and easy to do, and the lettuce held up and stretched really well after it was boiled for a few seconds!!  I will make these again for sure.  

My grandparents made yummy little meatballs from the same book, and my dad made a terrific salad and eggplant parmesan.  For dessert we just had a bit of coffee and ice cream.   We had to be rolled out the door, and we probably won't need to eat again for a while, but it was worth it!  

No comments: