Sunday, May 3, 2009

Help in the Garden

Well, last week's daily blog entry was pretty successful, and since the past week and weekend were just as chocked full of great pictures and stories, I think I'm going to attempt it again.  I'm going to publish the posts nightly this time though, as I don't think I'm up for writing them all tonight, (Natalie kept us up quite a bit of the night last night, so I'm looking forward to a nice long rest tonight!)

This week we had some perfect Spring gardening weather.  Sunny, but with cool breezes and air... just too perfect to do anything but be outside.  So I took it upon myself to get a bit done in the yard.  Last year at this time, Natalie wasn't nearly as useful in the yard, and I didn't get out there nearly often enough because of it.  I think this year we'll get out there a few times a week at least.    

First we loaded up her cart with some supplies, (fertilizer, shears, gloves, etc.)

And then I just had to stand back and watch as she took them into the back yard for me!  (I wish I had an after shot of the side path minus all the weeds and old branches!  Much tidier.)  

Natalie did her part clearing the grass from the patio.  I tried to pretty-up her little truck by sticking a flower in the sun roof, but that wasn't part of the plan and was promptly removed and discarded.  Apparently to make room for more grass.  


The fruits of our labor!  (In addition to this pile, there were a couple of smaller ones, and I have a lovely sunburn peeling away on my back - luckily I remembered to coat Natalie in sunblock though I neglected myself - I won't make that mistake again.  But don't quote me on that one!!)  

I think this is how we'll be spending more of our mornings.  Our yard will surely appreciate it!! 

No comments: