Monday, August 16, 2010

house progress

It's both exciting and very frustrating having a new house built. It was very fun going to the design center and picking out all the colors and textures that will be a part of our future home.

And my brain is constantly working with ideas for the new back yard, and how I will set up my sewing room etc.

But in reality, it feels like it's all moving very slowly. Two weeks ago we were excited to see a hole start to appear.
And last week, when the concrete molds were removed we actually had a basement!!

And that's how it's been all week. There has been some activity at the site, but nothing noteworthy, (or even noticeable) has been done.

I'm not even sure which will come first - the house or the baby. But starting this week, I'm officially in my third trimester! The baby in my basketball-sized belly is moving like crazy and very healthy.

And send good thoughts our way because, ready-or-not, today we officially close on our first house and move in with my mom to await the new construction. Cross your fingers that the buyers don't back out on us, or we'll have to go through all this selling stuff again!!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

How fun for you! It must be a blast picking everything and making it just the way you want your new home to be! I can't wait to see the progress.