Friday, August 13, 2010

farm fresh

One of my favorite things to do in Boulder in the Summer is to go to the Farmer's market. No pics of the market here because it was just way too busy. But be assured that we sampled our fair share of veggies, cheese, and other treats. Natalie got her own baby cucumber and a carrot to chew on while we meandered. But that only sparked our appetite for lunch, so after stowing our purchases in the car, we made our way to The Med.

They have great bread at The Med, and great pizza. This is the first time our waitress ever deemed Natalie old enough to play with a ball of pizza dough. It came in a close second to the tastiness of the bread, but didn't taste as good dipped in olive oil.
And it was much more fun to squish between little fingers.
We had a near meltdown when, after lunch, we said it was too close to nap time to visit the splash fountain, so we made a detour on the way to the car.
Later that day we began our dinner preparations. Everything but the beets came from our own garden! I'm going to have to do another carrot and potato harvest before we move out, and all but one tomato plant will go with us.
Natalie's job is to peel the shrimp.
I helped with the skewering.
Everything was a hit with Nat except for the beet greens and green beans.
My faves were the roasted root veggies and the BBQ rubbed pork chops! (I wasn't too into the green beans either!!)
I can't wait for the next farmer's market day... I heard that the watermelon are in town!

1 comment:

sam said...

I am salivating just reading this post. I'm so jealous!