Saturday, October 16, 2010

first dance class

When Natalie turned 2.5 she was finally old enough for the dance program at the rec center! She had been looking forward to that day ever since she first walked by all the cute little girls in their dance outfits! Her class is called "Creative Movement" and when she turns 3 she'll be able to do the Ballet/Tap combo class! I'm not really looking forward to her stomping around in those noisy shoes, but I think she'll love it.

On the first day of class there was only one other little girl, (now there's another one). That was also the only day parents were allowed in, so it was the only day I got pictures.

She loves pointing and flexing at the bar.
Halfway through class they color a picture and get a sticker to put on it.
They also play with props like wands, crowns, and little stuffed animals that they're supposed to leap over. And of course they love the bubbles!

Last week in class the three of them began working on their part for the show the school will present on December 11th. It was very cute seeing them put a bunch of their movements together! They will dance to the Chinese Dance in the Nutcracker.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

So cute! I remember my first ballet classes; my teacher, Miss Patty, would have us all sit in a circle and imagine we were princesses. I was always Cinderella. Then we got to pick out crowns and wear them while we danced. I would tell my mom, "We got to wear crayons on our head!" She really needed to get my hearing checked...I was always getting stuff wrong.
Anyway, adorable pictures!