Sunday, January 23, 2011

snow day

We've finally gotten a couple snowy days around here. It's come late, but now it's nice and cold and Wintery, (actually today the snow is melted in all but the shady parts, but it was still snowing when I took these pictures!)

Natalie wanted to play outside, but it wasn't the right kind of snow, or deep enough for snow men or sledding. She's easily satisfied though, and enjoyed making tracks in the yard...
... trying to catch snowflakes on her tongue...
... and just eating the snow! (not the yellow stuff, of course!)
I also set her up with a measuring cup and told her to make some snow cakes for dinner... surprisingly, this occupied her for about twenty minutes!

While I was warm inside by the fire, hanging out with this guy!
When she was finally ready to come in I changed her into some fresh warm sweats and she sat by the fire with us, drinking her warm honeyed milk... what a perfect afternoon! It makes me wish for more snow.
Though since we just bought a little inner-tube sled, I have a feeling my next snow day will be a bit more hands on...

No comments: