Friday, October 9, 2009

drawing skills and keeping a straight face

I wanted to post a few pictures of Natalie's drawing progression. Pretty much starting at when she was able to hold a crayon, and sweep it across the page, up until now.

But while I was uploading the pictures for the post, Natalie, supposedly napping peacefully in her crib, begins shouting "Nemo" to me. It was very clear, but it couldn't be what she was saying - sometimes she's tough to understand. It wasn't an urgent "potty" or crying, so I let it go to get back to business. She'd calm down. Well, five minutes later, she's still saying "Nemo" through the monitor to me. So I go in to check it out.

No pictures unfortunately, but imagine her in her crib, surrounded by swim diapers, standing there, waving one at me, pacifier half in, half out, with a big smile on her face, shouting, triumphantly, "NEMO!!" Then she says to me, "done." And when it's clear she's staying put, she asks for a "book."

I tried to keep the smile off of my face, and the laugh out of my voice as I cleaned up her diapers, and told her it was still nap time. Now, looking at her through the video monitor, I see she is trying to put on a shoe she got from the changing table that sits next to her bed, (where I keep the swim diapers, of course.) And now she's reaching over to get another treasure. I guess naptime is officially over.

So here's the pictures.... of her pictures.



First circles, or "dircles" as she calls them.


And now her pressure is getting much better, and she writes "letters". She even says her ABCs sometimes when she writes them. Only hers go "A... B... C... C... C... C... " etc.

And now, she's working on her "N"s and "M"s.


No comments: