Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hiking - Chautauqua Loop

Sorry it's been a bit since I last posted!  I've got some catching up to do!  Last Thursday we went hiking in Chautauqua.  I forgot my good boots, so we just did the little 2 mile loop.  
The ground was pretty sloppy so we ended up a bit wet, and there were few places to set the kids down, but it was a beautiful day to be out and about.  

Here we are taking a break... Natalie had a whole clementine wedge in her mouth in this picture... she was having a tough time managing it, but wouldn't let it go until about ten minutes later when it was all empty.  

Here we are at the little cabin at the top of the loop... we'll head here again soon and go further up to Royal Arch.  Maybe later this week if the weather cooperates.  

Heading back down with the beautiful flatirons right behind us... there were some people sledding in the meadow when we were heading up!  

How lucky are we to live in a town with such a great park right in it!  We're going to try to do a different hike every week - I think I'll keep a list on this blog of all the hikes we've done with Natalie so far.  

No comments: