Thursday, January 8, 2009

Down the Crapper

You know, every once in a while you just have one of those days.

Don't get me wrong... this is actually pretty frickin hilarious. If it doesn't end up costing us a fortune.

I just flushed my cell phone down the toilet. Seriously. I didn't mean to. It was an accident.

I had just gotten home from (my last day of) work. I went to the bathroom, (no. 1 in case you were wondering), stood up and flushed, and my phone fell out of my pocket and into the bowl. I glanced down at the splash in time to witness it's sleek black profile disappearing into the depths.

My very dear husband is even now trying to get it out so the toilet will flush properly again. If anyone has any suggestions, we might need to hear them!!

And if I had your number before, you might need to send it to me again since I don't think that phone will ever be the same again.

2 comments:

sam said...

In college, my roommate flushed our huge tube of toothpaste down the toilet (we had shelving above the toilet and it fell in). We had to call the landlord and he cursed us while he worked on bringing the toilet back to life. I have no idea what he did though since we were too embarrassed to approach him. Hopefully Todd will find his inner plumber! I'm sorry it's been such a terrible week.

Rachel said...

That really sucks! My friend from work did something similar with her car keys - at work! They fell off her clipboard and into the toilet just as the toilet was flushing. The worst part was that her flash drive with the final version of her accounting paper was on the keychain! They actually had to take the toilet off the wall to get the keys out. I hope Todd had better luck!