Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hoe Hoe Hoe, Merry Pinkslip

Do I sound bitter? Well... maybe I am... just a little bit.

Today was not a great day. First of all, it was the second day in a row that we did not get our mainline drainage problem corrected. And second, it was my "Official Layoff Date". Last week was just the head's up.

Here's a snap as Sweetpea watches while I saw the half inch drip line so the backhoe doesn't tear up the whole darn thing. (I can't believe I've gone three posts without a baby picture!!)


At least someone's having fun.


Here it is backed up for a bit of perspective. My DH had to tear out a bunch of the front deck to give the backhoe access to the pipe, which is just over 7 feet underground. How do you like our new entryway?! Welcoming, isn't it?

And after all of this prep work, the three plumber/diggers sat around waiting because the city hadn't come to mark the utility lines in time. So they ended up abandoning the job for the day.

But they left their backhoe. On our grass.



Looks nice, huh? Don't you wish you had one?

To put a big ol' cherry right on top of this great day, the Homeowners Insurance company is trying to back out of the claim now, when before they were saying "no problem" and making us feel all secure. Now it's starting to look like they aren't going to cover anything but a few sewage soaked belongings in the basement.

Okay, enough of my little pity party. You don't want to hear it and I don't blame you!

The day really wasn't all bad... I had my favorite Indian buffet for lunch, and stuffed myself with way more sushi (on DH's company no less!!) than one girl should eat for dinner. Occasional binge eating for comfort never hurt anyone, right?

2 comments:

tim said...

Sushi is the solution to many of life's problems.

Elaine said...

No, I am glad to hear about the pipe problem. I had no idea how serious it was. Will have to show Ev all the pictures. Yikes!!