Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Soccer Game

Well, Mom's perfect day plan got aborted halfway through - but at least I got that first half in, including my yummy lunch, and a bit of knitting.  Daycare called, and my sweet little girl was not being so sweet.  Actually, she was screaming her head off whenever she was put down.  So, just before my yoga class started, I went and picked her up.  It seems like she's probably teething.  As long as she has me nearby, she is pretty content.  

Here she is, shortly after I arrived, (and she stopped screaming), playing with her little friends for the last time.  So sad.  I will probably visit once or twice, and show off her new tricks to the nice ladies there who've been so great to my little girl.  
 

So, what to do with the rest of my afternoon?  Well, we visited Nan at Village Hair Care, where she works on Thursdays, and then we visited my dad's friend Rick at his optics store which is in the same shopping center.  Then we went and had a nice nap at Nan and Grandpa's, followed by a nice dinner.  

After that we went to Westminster to cheer on my 13 year old cousin Steph and her teammates as the whomped their opponents in an indoor soccer match!  It was very exciting!  

Here's Sweetpea with Lara giving high fives to McKenzie in the stands.  


I think about 10% of this crew is actually from my family.  My aunt and uncle, Steve and Duayna attended too - they may be regretting it now though as they got roped into babysitting on Saturday night!!  (Partee!)


Check out this baby's-eye view of a portion of the game.  You may notice the scoreboard which reads 0-8.  Don't worry, the opposing team did eventually get a point.  The final score was 1-10.  And Steph's team even had a sub goalie that day!  But it was pretty entertaining.  Those girls are so fast!! 


No comments: