Friday, March 27, 2009

St. Pattie's Day

Okay - so I know I'm over a week late on this promised post, but I figure, better late than never, (and what else should I be doing on a snowy day - other than laundry!?)  We were supposed to head up to A-Basin today for DH's work ski day, but I don't think that's going to happen... the roads are still pretty yucky and there's about 20 inches of snow built up on our deck!  

Now we're not Irish, but something about having a baby makes me want to dig into every holiday that comes our way... it was her first St. Patrick's Day after all, so I wanted her to really enjoy the holiday.  Natalie got to wear a Mommy-made dress that day, since I didn't see anything suitably green in her closet when I was picking out her clothes... The bow didn't last in her hair beyond the car ride to Boulder.  But isn't she a bonny wee lass though?! 

We started off the morning with some breakfast at Conor O'Neills, which opened early for the occasion.  
And then after breakfast, Dad headed off to work, while Natalie and I took a stroll down the creek path to check out the ducks on the way to the library.  

We got there before the library opened, so enjoyed ten minutes or so just people watching by the doors, (mostly bums and hippies wanting to use the bathroom I think - one of them was kind enough to let me know he didn't like kids - thanks for the warning.) 


Natalie is just getting to the age and mobility where she can appreciate all the little playgrounds at the mall... she liked the feel of the gravel in this little rock park, and enjoyed sliding down the big rock as well.  She always slides down backwards  on her tummy, which is how she goes down the stairs as well.  
We had a great day, enjoying all the perks of Pearl Street Mall... We had lunch and coffee.  I knitted while she napped in her stroller, and she played with other babies and bigger kids on the animal statues at the East end of the mall.  

We also spent a bit of time exploring all the neat toys at Into the Wind.  As long as I don't mind picking up toys and putting them back in bins, this is a perfect store for her to play in!!  

After wearing her out all day, and finally putting her in bed, DH and I enjoyed a pair of Irish Car Bombs for dinner.  

A healthy supper.  I haven't had one of those for quite a while, and it tasted just as good as I remember, (good thing there wasn't a third person drinking because I don't know if I could have hunted up a third shot glass)!  We still have a pair of Guinness left in the fridge from making these, so maybe I'll have one again soon!  

I think it was a fitting end to Saint Patrick's Day!   

1 comment:

Rachel said...

What an adorable dress! I'm so humbled by your craftiness - you are the daughter my mother never had ;). Sounds like you had a great St. Patty's day!