Sunday, March 8, 2009

Grandpa Babysits - for the first time!

Last week Sweetpea had a little cold that turned into a little ear infection.  She seemed to be in good spirits through it all, but since she was coughing, it would have been in poor taste to try to drop her off at the rec center daycare while I taught yoga as usual Last Monday.  

So my dad came over with his dogs, Rudy and Simon, and played with the little sick girl for a couple of hours instead.  

Here they are as I left them.  
The dogs are a constant source of amusement for her, and I'm sure when she gets a bit older and can actually throw a ball, she'll be able to return the favor for them.  

Until then, Grandpa is happy to oblige.  

They were all still hanging out outside when I got back.  Good thing the weather has been so springy here.  We're going to try this little experiment out again tomorrow and see how it goes.  It seemed like it went well enough - my dad's only complaint was that she kept taking his book mark out of his book - yeah... she does that.  

If Grandpa can handle watching the wee one on Mondays then I can attend a Zumba class (SO FUN!!!) in the afternoons - I can only put her in the daycare once a day, so I'd use my chance up with the class I teach unless he watches her.  

Here's a picture of her after her Grandpa/dogs playdate getting some of her fluids.  Yumm... apple flavored pedialite.  

*edited to make pics bigger!

No comments: